Mariana Ortiz de Zárate is an Argentinian-American human resources professional and executive coach dedicated to helping leaders turn companies into better places to work.
Mariana started her career in 1996 at NCR, in Buenos Aires, Argentina and progressed taking bigger leading roles in companies like McDonald’s, Kellogg, Duke Energy and Schering-Plough in the South America region.
In 2009, she moved to Miami and focused her work on diversified industrial companies like Eaton, Rockwell Automation and Trane Technologies. During this time, Mariana’s accountability included employees, leaders and businesses around the world, including North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
In 2020, Mariana became a Leadership Coach, certified by the Institute for Transformational Leadership at Georgetown University.
Mariana is known for her passion and partnership with leaders to transform cultures and drive business results across industries and geographies, in fast-paced competitive markets. Focused on creating solutions for complex challenges, she is most of all a people developer. Energetic, open minded with strong critical thinking, decision making and execution capabilities Mariana will use her active listening and coaching skills to build long-lasting relationships with clients and team members.
Born in Buenos Aires, Mariana moved with her parents and brother to the suburbs at the age of ten. She attended St. Marks College of Monte Grande, a bilingual British school where she got her high school degree and several certificates for English and French, that complemented her Spanish native language.
From a young age, Mariana thrived and loved the arts including painting, sculpting, singing, dancing and drama. At that early age she became an eager tennis player, a passion that lives on still!
Mariana graduated from UADE (Universidad Argentina de la Empresa) with a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Relations, which she complemented with continuous education in Finance, Business, Organizational and Leadership Development and Executive Coaching.
She is SPHR certified 2010 and graduated Leadership Coach from the Institute for Transformational Leadership at Georgetown University, 2020.
Mariana is the proudest mom of two daughters, Paula and Joana. Paula is a contemporary art historian and a digital marketing specialist living in Madrid. Joana is a Civil Engineer, FE, mom of the best dog ever, Ana “Banana”, and lives in Orlando, FL.
Mariana’s mom, Cristina, lives in Buenos Aires and visits as often as she can. Her brother Guillermo or “G” makes the best Argentinian barbecue and lives with his family in Burke, VA.
- She performed as the evil witch in Hansel & Gretel, singing and building her own costume.
- Danced classical ballet as a kid and then Modern Jazz as a young adult.
- Was reprimanded at school for creating a sculpture of two naked dancers.
- Her first job was to sell leather clothing for tourists on Florida Street, in downtown Buenos Aires.
- Went to law school for 3 years before deciding a career change to HR.
- She loved her German Shepherd dog “Rolf” the most.
- Loves to exercise and mix it all up: Hot power yoga, kettlebells, swimming, tennis, gym and dancing!
- Lived in Milwaukee, WI for two years and enjoyed it very much.
- Paris, France is her favorite city.